Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cupcakes!!!!!

I did it!  I made vegan and gluten-free golden cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting.  I have to be honest, they ended up dropping.  I think I may have added too much baking soda, so I'll have to be more careful about it next time.  The good thing is, there's more frosting on top and within, making it Twinkie-like, but in cupcake form... and with tons of frosting on top.

I put the frosting into a Ziploc bag and twisted it, poking a whole at the end.  That didn't work so great, so I ended up piling the frosting up about 3 inches high with the piping, then smoothing it with a wide butter knife, all the way to the edges of each cupcake.  They look great.  I got a call from a friend of mine and when I told him about the cupcakes, he said he was on his way. 

Anyway, feast your eyes on these!

1 comment:

  1. These were gone in two days! We had 5 among friends, I gave 3 to a friend, kept 4 for ourselves. One of my friends went ga-ga over them.

    Next week, chocolate frosting on a chocolate cupcake, so stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete