Monday, April 9, 2012

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard...

This is a fruity delight.  I had brown spotted bananas and champagne mangoes that I got from Whole Foods the other day (5 for $5!), so I thought I would make myself a tropical smoothie-style milkshake.  To make it even more tropical, you could add pineapple, coconut flakes - use whatever you want.  Instead of using milk, you could substitute coconut milk- and maybe even add a little rum!

Here's the ingredients:

- one banana, sliced
- one champagne mango, peeled and cubed
- one peach yogurt cup, or desired flavor
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 3-4 ice cubes
- cinnamon (optional)

Add all of the above ingredients in the blender, blending for a minute.  If desired, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top.  Add a straw and enjoy.   Makes 2-4 servings, depending on the glass size.

No comments:

Post a Comment